Can I modify the fonts…
- To make a poster or a publication? Yes, you can modify the appearence of outlined text under the clauses of a Desktop License,
- To make a logo? Yes, you can modify the appearence of outlined text under the terms of a Logo License. See below.
- To make a new font? No.
Why don’t you allow font modification?
Opening and re-exporting our fonts has the cumulated caveats of eliminating many information that are useful for the font's performance, and therefore your satisfaction in using them. It is known to cause:
- incorrect display in font menus
- missing or incomplete letterspacing information
- missing or incomplete hinting information
- missing or shifted accents
Furthermore, modifying our fonts voids any guarantee and right to support. It is in breach of our EULA, and is a violation of our intellectual property rights. Don’t do it.
Exceptions to these restrictions
Not considered a font modification
Layout software and text processors offer the possibility to perform text appearance changes such as spacing, leading, slanting, boldening, WordArt gradient, etc. This is part of the regular operation of the font and is not considered a modification of the font, because the font data itself is untouched. Go ahead.
Outline mods authorized with a Logo license add-on
A logo license enables you to:
- customize the outlines of a typeface
- register, copyright and/or trademark a non-font design
Get in touch for a quote